Starkey is an American hearing aid manufacturer, based in Minnesota. Established in the early 1970’s, they have since been at the forefront of hearing aid technology including being the first manufacturer to offer a completely in the canal hearing aid (called the Tympanette) in 1992, and releasing their ‘Made for iPhone’ hearing aid called Halo in 2014.
Focus Hearing has access to Starkey’s latest product portfolio including Halo2 the ‘Made for iPhone’ hearing aid, and the invisible SoundLens hearing aid. More information on Starkey’s current technology can be found here.
Starkey Product Portfolio
Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
The Halo 2 hearing aid is the next generation Halo hearing aid from Starkey. Halo 2 combines leading edge hearing aid technology with the convenience of being able to wirelessly connect to your iPhone, iPad or iPod using TruLink, Starkey’s personalised hearing control app.
Halo is available in the very popular Receiver in Canal style which provides the perfect balance between comfort and cosmetic appeal.
With the Halo you get:
- Cutting edge hearing aid technology for outstanding listening comfort in background noise
- Bluetooth streaming of your phone calls from your iPhone directly to your hearing aids
- stream any music or media from your iPhone, iPad or iPod directly to your hearing aids
- Starkey’s TruLink App lets you conveniently and discreetly make minor adjustments to your hearing aids for a personalised experience
Invisible Hearing Aids
SoundLens Synergy is Starkey’s invisible-in-canal (IIC) hearing aid option for those who want the most discreet hearing aid option available. Despite its small size, SoundLens still features Starkey’s latest hearing technology.
SoundLens Synergy features include:
- Custom made to the shape of your individual ear canal for superior comfort, and completely invisible in most ears
- Noise reduction and speech enhancement systems provide outstanding hearing clarity
- HydraShield2: Starkey’s wax and moisture resistant technology
- Compatible with Starkey’s wireless accessories
Wireless Hearing Aids
The wireless family of hearing aids from Starkey are compatible with Stakey’s SurfLink Mobile, SurfLink Media and SurfLink Remote accessories which allow for wireless streaming of phone calls or other electronic signals such as the television directly to your hearing aids.
Muse hearing aids are available in all styles from custom made range of In The Ear hearing aids to the mini Behind The Ear style.
All of the wireless range of hearing aids are available with Starkey’s latest hearing aid technology, including Acuity™ Directional, to significantly improve speech clarity in areas of background noise.
SurfLink Mobile 2
SurfLink Mobile 2 wirelessly streams phone conversations and music from your mobile phone. In addition it is also an assistive listening device, media streamer, and hearing aid remote all rolled into one. When paired with wireless hearing aids, it’s everything you’ll need to talk on the phone, enjoy TV, music, and so much more. You’ll get clear and consistent wireless streaming any time, anywhere.
- Enables hands-free cell phone conversations by turning our wireless hearing aids into the phone microphone and receiver:
- Microphone — Your hearing aids pick up your voice and send it to the person you’re talking to
- Receiver — SurfLink Mobile 2 streams the voice on the other end directly to your hearing aids
- Wirelessly streams sound from any Bluetooth®-enabled music device.
SurfLink Media 2
Connect the SurfLink media to your TV or home stereo system to stream the audio signal directly to your hearing aids. Starkey’s range of wireless hearing aids work with SurfLink® Media 2 streamer to:
- automatically streams sound directly to your hearing aids when you’re in range.
- You can transition from one device to another simply by moving from room to room.
- It lets others in the room listen to the TV or stereo at the volume they prefer.
A remote is available with all wireless hearing aids, and can be used to adjust volume, change memory modes and more. The SurfLink remote is simple to use and is a very small and lightweight accessory to discreetly control your hearing aids.
This discreet, lightweight microphone is worn by your conversation partner to aid you in one-on-one conversations in difficult listening environments. Use of the Remote Mic has been shown to significantly improve conversation in areas of background noise.
The audiologist at Focus Hearing can help you decide if a RemoteMic is right for you and your lifestyle.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and FaceTime are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. “Made for iPod,” “Made for iPhone,” and “Made for iPad” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, iPhone, or iPad may affect wireless performance