November 2016 saw Phonak launch their brand new ‘Belong’ Platform of hearing aids. The first model to be released under the Belong platform is the Audeo B range of hearing aids, including the NEW rechargeable Audeo B-R hearing aid, featuring lithium ion technology.
Audeo B is Phonak’s ultra discreet and comfortable Receiver In Canal style. Audeo B is the most popular style of hearing aids offered by Phonak
Key features of the Audeo B include:
- Comes in 5 versions of the Audeo: 10, 312, 312T, 13 and the worlds first lithium ion rechargeable model the Audeo B-R.
- The Audeo B is available in a range of technology levels: B90, B70 and B50 to suit your budget and lifestyle. See the Features button below for more specific details and indicative pricing
- Available in a variety of colours to match your skin tone or hair colour.
- IP 68 water and dust resistance for improved durability
- New and improved operating system AutoSense OS
- New CROS B technology for single sided deafness.
- Compatible with Phonak’s Wireless Communication Portfolio
Rechargeable Audeo B-R
Never change batteries again. The Phonak Audeo B-R has an integrated lithium ion battery that can provide up to 24 hours of listening on a single charge.
The Audeo B-R is an ideal option for certain hearing aid wearers: those who are unable to physically manage changing batteries at regular intervals and those who absolutely rely on their hearing aids and cannot afford to get half way through their day or an important meeting and have the hearing indicate to them that the battery needs changing. With 24 hours of listening on a single charge, this is no longer an issue. All you have to do is to charge the hearing aids each evening at the end of your day like we do with other devices such as your mobile phone
A single charge takes only 3 hours and gives up to 24 hours uninterrupted listening. However if you are in a rush or forgot to charge your hearing aids, a quick 30 minute charge will give you up to 6 hours of listening.
In addition, Phonak offer a range of smart charging options to ensure you do not have to worry about running out of power:
Phonak Charger Case: an all-in-one charger, dehumidifier and protective hard case
Phonak Power Pack: attaches to the Charger case and stores enough power for up to 7 full charges of a pair of Audeo B-R hearing aids. This means wearers who are not always close to a convenient power source are covered.
Phonak Mini Charger: is a smaller option for those who require the most compact charging option.
NEW AutoSense OS
Following on from the outstanding success of Phonak’s Venture platform of hearing aids which were the first to utilise the AutoSense operating system, Phonak have improved this further for the new Audeo B family of hearing aids. AutoSense OS automatically adapts to every sound environment, without the need for manual adjustment. The key improvements for the new AutoSense operating system inlcude
- Improved understanding in noise: 60% improvement (versus without hearing aids) in speech understanding in noise due to Belong’s ability to zoom in on a single voice in background noise
- 20% better speech understanding: due to Belong’s ability to automatically select the most appropriate settings in a large variety of listening situations
- 37% reduction in listening effort in the car
- 10% improvement in soft speech understanding
- More natural music quality
Phonak CROS B
CROS hearing aid technology is the best option for those that experience ‘single sided deafness’, and as a result their ear with the poorest hearing is unable to have a conventional hearing aid fitted. The audiologist at Focus Hearing have a unique understanding of this condition and can help you appreciate the benefits of Phonak’s new CROS B technology.
When CROS B is fitted with an Audeo B device on the better ear, you are able to hear speech clearly no matter which direction it originates from, even of it is from the side with no hearing. This is due to Phonak’s unique Binaural VoiceStream Technology. Furthermore, the StereoZoom technology available with the B90 and B70 technology levels, allows those with single sided deafness to hear significantly better in background noise.
Wireless Communication Portfolio
All of the hearing aids on the Belong platform are compatible with Phonak’s full range of wireless accessories, including the Compilot II and ComPilot Air which allow you to stream audio and phone calls wirelessly from your Smartphone directly into your hearing aids.For more information on the available accessories click here:
Call Focus Hearing today on 02 8402 1202 to trial the new Phonak Belong hearing aid technology.