Hearing aids are an investment for anyone who wears them. Like with any investment or medical aid, you want to ensure that your hearing aid is functioning at its peak.
However, over time, it can be easy to fall behind on proper maintenance or easy to forget to care for your hearing aids.
Because the Focus Hearing team want you to get the very best performance out of your hearing aids, here are a few tips to keep them in tip-top condition.
A great way to prolong the life of your hearing aid, try to incorporate the following into your daily routine:
- Wipe your hearing aids with a dry cloth
- While you are wiping, check for any cracks or unusual wearing.
- Check the earmold opening for earwax or debris
- Test your battery
- Double check you’ve turned them off
- Open the battery compartment overnight – to ensure that no moisture collect and bacteria does not have an opportunity to grow.
- Store in cool dry place – such as a humidifier jar.
In addition to your daily routine, you can also incorporate other sporadic checks into your maintenance routine. These actions include:
- Have you hearing and hearing aids checked by your audiologist
- Replace any consumable such as ear tips/dome or speaker filters if necessary (every 3 to 4 months)
- Change the battery as needed
The quality and precision of hearing aids has greatly improved over the years. As have the accessories available to assist with hearing aid maintenance and care. Products such as electronic drying kits, rechargeable stations, and others can increase the lifespan of your aids.
Focus Hearing are proud of our commitment to quality, and our outstanding after-care for all our clients. As such, we offer a variety of great value offers on new technology – check out our New Technology and Offers page. As well as our consistently fair and reasonable prices. If you have questions contact Focus Hearing today. One of our friendly staff will be able to assist you.